Description of role:
The Fundraising & Administration Executive will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the office and will also provide support and co-ordination to the CEO in management of the fundraising function.
As a proactive self-starter, you will be keen to learn and be open to a range of diverse tasks and responsibilities across areas such as internal and digital communications, financial reporting, donor relations, data management, social media management, events support, merchandise and stock management and much more. A good communicator with an eye for detail, you will work closely with the CEO in supporting our strategic vision to support children born with CHD to live full and happy lives.
This is an excellent opportunity for a creative and outgoing candidate to work closely with our CEO as we begin to take the organisation in a new direction. In your role, you will help promote our mission, develop our fundraising capabilities, and create the groundwork of a new future for the Heart Children Ireland brand.
You will help support the day-to-day management of our small office environment and the administration of our fundraising program.
- You will support a range of activities across the whole fundraising mix, including the supporter journey, driving donations and improved engagement in line with our growing ambitions.
- You will help create and distribute content to our members and to the general public.
- You will add and manage contacts to our donor database (Salesforce) from various sources (website sign ups, campaigns, events, fundraising platforms etc.)
- You will support all fundraising events through attendee updates etc. and work with the team on delivering excellent supporter experiences via email, phone and letter.
- You will manage all fundraising materials and ensure robust systems are in place to manage fundraisings stock from ordering from suppliers to distribution to supporters.
- You will manage our Donor Thank you processes from receipt of donation to formal receipting and recognition.
- You will provide fundraising support to our members and to support and develop the HCI event plan.
- You will manage our fundraising departmental email mailbox and assign inward communications as appropriate.
- You will contribute to social media channels to market to members and build engagement.
- At minimum a recognised office administration training course to a minimum standard of FETAC level 5. Third level education and advantage.
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- A good understanding of financial reporting and strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Passion for supporting the charity sector and achieving change in Irish society
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong IT Skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Third level qualification
- Previous experience in fundraising
- Experience with Salesforce is a distinct advantage.
- Experience of social media management
- Full, clean driving license.
How to apply:
To apply for the role, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is Friday 10th December at 5pm. For more information, please contact HCI on 01 874 0990.