Heart Children Ireland aims to enable all people affected by Congenital Heart Defects to live the best possible lives.
Heart Children Ireland aims to do this by
- Giving hope to those affected by CHD (particularly after receiving a diagnosis) and reducing the isolation that people may experience.
- Increasing the knowledge and understanding of CHD among those who are affected by CHD.
- Raising awareness of CHD among health care and education professionals, the government and the general public.
- Improving the treatment, services and facilities available to those affected by CHD.
- Empowering young people and adults with CHD to take control of their health in an informed manner so that they can live more confident and independent lives.